Thursday, July 25, 2013

Golden Skies


I never go on holiday to Jeffreys Bay, because a holiday would imply rest. In fact, most times, I take a holiday when I return from J-Bay. If you've ever arrived at Supers before 7am on a Winters morning (and 5am on a Summers morning – cringe) you'll understand why. The sunrises in Jeffreys Bay are totally breathtaking, and as a photographer, when the pro's are on the dawn patrol and the waves are firing, you want to be there. I recently spent a week up in J-Bay for the inaugural Jeffreys Bay Open of Surfing (the local event that has now taken the place of what used to be the Billabong Pro). On one of the mornings, pre-contest, I was treated to what turned into an aerial display against golden skies from Matt Bromley, Adriano De Souza, Llewellyn Whittaker and a few others. Here are some of the shots.











Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...