Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Blue Rock Waterski Ice Breaker Event 2013


Every year, Blue Rock Waterski in Somerset West hosts the Ice Breaker competition – a cable wakeboarding competition focused on the riders' ability to tackle a series of UNIT obstacles. I was really stoked when I was asked to cover the event again this year; it's an amazing day that showcases all of our local cable wakeboarding talent. This year we were blessed with one stunner of a winters day. I was particularly impressed by the level of riding from the female riders, and was particularly stoked to be there to see Melissa Colborne land her first railey! Having been a member at Blue Rock for a few years, I've watched Melissa ride since she was about 13 years old and to see how far she has progressed is amazing. The next event is later this year so be sure to keep an eye on Blue Rock's Facebook Page so that you don't miss it. Here are a few shots from the day.

P.S. A big thanks to Ingrid Owen for lending me her fisheye lens on the day.




































Riders, fear not: if you don't see a shot of yourself above, I'll be adding a full gallery to my Facebook Page, so keep an eye out. To purchase prints, please contact me.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...