Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday Favourite - At Roost

Friday Favourite: a once-off shot from my archives that I'll post and write about every Friday. 

A mentor once told me that sometimes the universe lends a helping hand in a photograph. I think this was one of those moments. Here's one of my favourite portraits, taken at Imhoff Farm in Kommetjie.


The story behind the shot: 

A while back the boyf took me (and my camera) for lunch at Blue Water Cafe in Kommetjie. After our lunch we took a walk down to the petting farm next to the restaurant. One of the staff members there was busy chasing some roosters out of the shop (where they obviously weren't supposed to be). One particular rooster took to flight and perched himself directly on the head of the guy doing the chasing. I reached for my camera and just took one quick snap. It was one of those moments where the universe just happened to lend a hand and all the elements came together perfectly - from the complementary colours, the glance he gave me and of course, the rooster sitting absurdly on his head. I absolutely love this shot. I often find some of my best photographs are the spontaneous ones. Taken with a Canon 1000D and a 50mm f1.8 prime lens.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...